Learn To Laugh

Damon Ora Bailee Trey

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Holiday Season 2008

Ok, I know this post is really long, but I got behind over the holidays. It was a busy season, but really fun. I hope everyone had as good of a holiday as we did. Damon took alot of time off and it was so much fun taking things a little bit slower than normal and just being together all day. This year we decided to stay home all day on Christmas. Just the 4 of us. It was snowing nonstop all day and it was nice to enjoy the beauty of it without having to drive in it. I made a fancy Christmas breakfast and dinner which I love to do. Also, a highlight of the day was talking to my baby bro who is on his mission in Houston. I am so proud of him and miss him so much. It was difficult narrowing the pictures down for the blog, and it's hard to really express how much I loved Christmas without boring everyone to death. I tried extra hard this year to focus on the Savior and His birth and what really means the most this time of year. I love being a mom and experiencing all that comes with it. Eating up all the joy that I see in my kids faces. Nothing can beat it.
Happy new year!!!




New Christmas outfits.




Each year we have a Garretson Christmas party. We went to dinner at Golden Corral, listened to the kids sing songs, and just enjoyed being together. My brother-in-law, Isaac, made this picture of my grandpa and nephew out of glass. Very impressive!
I have been blessed so much in my life to have the grandparents that I have. They are the most selfless people I know. Everything that I strive to be I can find in them. The love they share is so strong and they're not afraid to let anyone know it! They are affectionate towards each other and show the utmost respect for each other. When I talk to them I know that everything they say to me and everything they feel comes straight from the love they have for me. Does that make sense? Nothing is selfish about them. If I live my life half as good as they have I can say that I've done well.



This is a sweet picture of Bailee looking at the nativity I keep under one of our trees.


For family home evening at the start ot the Christmas season we wanted to give a gift to Jesus. We thought that if Jesus asked for anything for Christmas He would ask for us to give service. So we wrapped a box and put a hole in the top. Each time we did an out of the ordinary act of service we would make a heart and put it in the box. We made some phone calls and found those who were in need of a little extra cheer. We made goodies, did secret things for each other, and other service activities all throughout the season. On Christmas Eve we put the gift under the tree and then on Christmas morning we opened it. Although it doesn't look like it in the picture, there were alot of hearts. I definately want to make this a tradition. Happy birthday, Jesus!


Bailee and I rockin out. Santa brought her a karaoke machine.


Santa went a little over budget to get this FJ Cruiser power wheels for Trey. Totally worth it! We had to move it over by the Christmas tree to open the rest of the gifts because he wouldn't get out. He just wanted to drive his "cart".


Mine and Damon's gift to Bailee was a whole new bedroom. I took alot of clients over the Christmas season and I've saved for several months to make this room perfect for her. She is such a princess and loves anything that's over-the-top girly. Which is totally a blast for me. Like mother like daughter. Bailee slept in Trey's room the whole week of Christmas so I could put it together. I'll have to do a post later just on this project and all the stories behind everything I did. Her reaction made all the work worth it. Just before the room was done I had $15o left to spend on the finishing touches and accessories. While I was doing some shopping my purse must've fallen off my arm because it was later found in the parking lot and the cash had been stolen. I was devistated but everything worked out. I'm just so grateful that only the cash was taken and nothing else.
Love you Bailee!



My friend Amanda and her mom, Vyki, came over on Christmas to bring us gifts. My kids have adopted Vyki as their "grandma Vyki". We definately consider their family as ours. Love you guys!


We spent Christmas Eve at Damon's parents house. We spent the evening opening gifts from grandma and papa and cousins, eating, singing Christmas songs, watching a 2008 slideshow (thanks to Danielle), singing happy birthday to Jesus and having birthday cake, etc. After we got home we sprinkled oats and green sugar on the snow for Santa's reindeer. Christmas morning we woke up to alot of animal footprints in the snow. If it wasn't the reindeer, then there must've been a very happy animal outside.




Christmas pj's and slippers!!! Trey was so excited about his "Bob Bob" slippers. He still won't go to bed without them on.


A little too late Christmas Eve. Trey was definately ready to go to bed and let Santa get to work.



Bailee singing Rudolph the Red nosed Reindeer with her school class.

No comments:

Post a Comment