Learn To Laugh

Damon Ora Bailee Trey

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Other Random Summer Adventures


As always, summer is a crazy busy wonderful time. Tons of yard work and tons of play. We started summer vacation off with the dance festival at Bailee's school.


Trey entertaining some 2ND graders while waiting for the dancing to start.



Before helping out with the rest of the activities during the day, Trey and I were able to have lunch with Bailee and some friends.
Next random summer adventure. Trey of course knows not to walk, crawl, climb on the counter tops. One morning as Damon was leaving for work, Trey did just that. Damon had just put eye drops in his eyes and was blinking as he walked past the kitchen counter towards the garage. Trey jumped forward to give Damon a hug and Damon didn't see him. I lunged forward and caught Trey by his feet. Saved his fall, sure, but he hit his face on the counter. One of his front teeth got pushed backwards and the tooth next to it got pushed up into his gums. The tooth died and eventually made its way back down, but it was pretty traumatic for the little guy. Damon and I felt terrible! There was blood everywhere and his little face swelled up. He didn't look like himself for a few days. One good thing out of the trauma though...every time he starts to climb on the counter...
"Trey, what happened last time you climbed on the counter?"
He quickly climbs down.
"My tooth got pushed up."

Lehi celebrates Lehi Roundup Days for one week each June. We try to participate as much as possible. I took my sisters kids to one of the parades after a yummy picnic.


Our ward float.

For the final Lehi parade Bailee road in the parade with her dance company. Just look for the prettiest girl.


Who knows...

The kids watching the Steel Days parade in American Fork with the cousins.



All winter long I miss yard work so bad. Of course there are exceptions, but for the most part I love it. Damon and Bailee stepped outside to grab some peas from our vegetable garden for dinner and I thought I would snap a shot from the window.

Letting my kids use my tub after a long day of play.

We spent a day at Lagoon and it was quite hot. Which I love, but Damon not so much. We brought our very old stroller thinking Trey would ride in it. He didn't, but thank goodness we brought it so Damon could buckle in his other baby named Mountain Dew.



For the 24TH of July we got together with friends and played in the water, pulled taffy, (which was super yummy) had a BBQ, and spent way too much money on a firework show.



We thought we better get in some time at Trafalga before fall crept up on us. We rode some rides, played some miniature golf, and watched Bailee turn into a monkey on the rock wall.





I remember playing in the warm rain as a kid. We had alot of August rain this year and as long as there was no lightening the kids enjoyed splashing around. So fun!

No words can express just how much I dread the end of summer. Seriously, every day I wake up in the summer I'm grateful it's not winter. However, for Damon the end of summer vacation only means one thing. Football season. His birthday is the 2ND of September so the kids and I went shopping for all his favorite football treats to last throughout the season. Then we got him football p.j.'s, slippers, mugs, and the works. Oh yeah, he turned 33. Old man!
Damon getting sung to at Tucanos.
Till next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment