Learn To Laugh

Damon Ora Bailee Trey

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Easter 2012


    We kicked off our Easter celebrations with an Easter egg hunt at grandma and papa Argyle's.  Damon and I had fun helping Nashy find (and eat) his candy.


 

Easter at grandma's wouldn't be the same without destroying our eggs during the Easter egg roll/throwing contest.
 

         


I love love love holiday baking and went all out this Easter.  Cupcake #1 was lemon cupcakes with whipped lemon curd and lemon cream cheese frosting.  Topped with robbin eggs and edible bunnies and Easter grass.  I have a confession to make.  The leftover lemon curd I kept in my fridge and ate it later right out of the tupperware.  Maybe I even did some finger dipping, I don't really remember.  Heck, I could've even put my face in the darn thing.  My memory is clouded by Heavenly lemony goodness.

 Cupcake #2 was a chocolate cupcake with a chocolate cookie dough center and chocolate ganache  frosting. Topped with Easter pearls and a mini chocolate chip cookie.

Easter eve we set out our Easter baskets for the Easter bunny to fill along with a note from the kids.
 
The kids loot.
Headed out to church on Easter Sunday in their new clothes.  The sun was blinding and the kids were not too happy about getting their pictures taken, particularly Nash.  These were the best I could do considering the picture-taking battle.  They looked so darn cute it was worth a little frustration.   

Time for bed in the new jammies the Easter Bunny brought.
I'm so grateful to our Savior for His indescribable sacrifice through the atonement.  I have loved watching the kids grow in their understanding of Easter.  They have been fascinated with the crucifixion and resurrection and I am so touched by their desire to learn and by their endless sweet questions and comments. I'm grateful to them for their childlike faith and for the example they set for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment