Learn To Laugh

Damon Ora Bailee Trey

Sunday, November 6, 2011

We Love FALL!

Nash and I joined Trey and his class on their field trip to the pumpkin patch. The weather was amazing. Surprisingly warm but with all the smells and colors of fall. We walked through the corn maze, played on the playground, picked out pumpkins, and enjoyed spending time with each other and with friends.

My handsome buddy.

My boys with their matching Batman shirts. Nash got his as a baby gift and Trey found his at Target and flipped out. So excited to match his bro.


For a little Halloween fun I invited over a couple friends, Amanda and Cari, and my sis along with their kids. We had a day full of fun activities. Amanda made a cake walk and a spooky drink, Cari made Hostess cupcake spiders, Mari made graveyard pudding cups, and I made mummy cookies. Bailee and her cousin had a sleepover the previous night and spent hours on decorations. After filling the kids full of sweets we sent them downstairs to watch a Halloween movie while us moms enjoyed a little visiting time. Perfect day, really.










On October 30th I turned 31. Gasp. Can't believe it. I have to say, I really dread my birthdays. Life is flying by. Just don't feel ready to grow up I guess. There always seems to be a sense of disappointment with the day too. Maybe I just need to change my attitude. Anyway, this birthday was different. There were so many people who called, stopped by the house, and did things to make me feel awesome. My kids spent an hour or so secretly blowing up balloons and writing sweet messages and drawing pictures on them. Then they spread them all over the living room. We spent the day before at Planet Play having lunch and playing with the kids and then went to the mall for some shopping. Mari, Amanda, and Cari and their families came over for a soup dinner....my fave. Nothing better than spending a birthday with people I love. Cari even surprised me with some new clothes and one of my favorite desserts. I know things like this shouldn't determine whether or not I have a good b-day, but it really really meant alot. I think it was a time where I needed it, but didn't know it till they were all there. Good day. And thank you Heavenly Father for giving me a warm sunny day. Another great gift.

When the apple crisp melts the candles...just use matches!


My sweet Bailee made me my beautiful headband!

Thanks everyone for a great day! I love you all! Getting older isn't quite so bad if you have such great people to share life with.

No comments:

Post a Comment