Learn To Laugh

Damon Ora Bailee Trey

Thursday, September 10, 2009

First Day of School


Bailee started the 2nd grade a few weeks ago. I'm still not quite sure it's real. Before school started I printed out the 1st graders supply shopping list. After buying several of the wrong items I remembered that my baby girl is not going into 1st grade after all. Reality check to me...she is growing up faster than I can keep up with. That was a sad day. Realizing how quickly time goes by...so quickly in fact that somehow it feels like I missed a year.
Bailee has been blessed with 2 incredible teachers so far. I prayed and fasted before school started that Bailee would have a great teacher again. When I saw her class list I noticed that everyone in her group of friends but her and one other girl were in the same class. Bailee was devastated and cried when I took her to school the first day. Luckily she was all smiles when I picked her up. Yesterday Bailee informed me that she was glad she didn't end up with her friends because she wouldn't have her teacher or her new friends. "And besides, mom, I still play with my old friends at recess." I'm grateful that the Lord answers our prayers. And I'm grateful that Bailee loves to make to friends, loves school, and has such an overall positive attitude.
You go girl!

Bailee and Kestlie looking so cute! (Notice that Bailee didn't waste any time getting a hole in her leggings.)

Trey and Corban hanging out at the school. Sorry boys...you still have a while till you can join the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment